Crownwheel Cottage sleeps up to 8.
Groups - sleeps up to 26 (Quack, Rose & Barleycorn Cottages sleep up to 4, Mill Cottage sleeps up to 6.
The perfect location for ‘free-range’ hens - 5 old stone cottages in a romantic woodland location in the beautiful Gara Valley near the South Devon Coast.
Watermill Cottages are a cluster of buildings huddling alongside the Gara Brook. Set in the 20 acre grounds of an 18th century mill & small holding, these are the former stables, barns and workers’ cottages and are full of character and period charm. Think wisteria-clad cottages, exposed beams, deep stone sills, patchwork quilts, fleecy throws and cosy log burners. Sleeping 4-8 the cottages can accommodate groups up to 26.
Here you are deep in the glorious Devon countryside - in a ‘hidden’ valley in the South Hams AONB, surrounded by wildflower meadows and bluebell woods. There are waterfalls in the grounds and forest paths that amble alongside the river. Enjoy the peace and tranquility or give in to your inner 8 year old and kick off your shoes and paddle, build a dam - you can even create a den in the wild wood. Gather round the fire pit in the evening and when it is truly dark, stargaze at the light pollution-free skies. The perfect location for a digital detox - there is no TV or mobile signal. This is the place for reconnecting with friends and imbibing nature.
The stunning south Devon coast is just 3 miles away. Beautiful ‘step back in time’ beaches like Slapton and Blackpool are just waiting to be explored. There are great opportunities for watersports, or if you want to take things easy, take a river cruise from Dartmouth or Salcombe. These bustling and attractive riverside towns are ideal for a spot of retail therapy or for relaxing in one of the many cafes and bars.
There are also some great pubs close to home, with two serving food in nearby Slapton. The pretty village of Strete is home to the fabulous Laughing Monk restaurant.
Agatha Christie fans shouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit the author’s country house, Greenway. Travel by ferry and steam train to get the full 30’s experience. For that special meal - why not arrange a visit to the elegant and romantic Burgh Island hotel - an Art Deco icon and inspiration for 'And Then There Were None'.
Quack Cottage - ‘picture-perfect’ wisteria clad cottage. (sleeps up to 4)
- Open-plan living/dining room with exposed beams and wood burning stove
- Modern kitchen with fridge,freezer, electric oven and hob, washing machine, kettle, toaster and microwave.
- 3 bedrooms: 1 double bedroom, x2 singles (one downstairs)
- Bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Private south facing riverbank garden with picnic bench and deckchairs
Barleycorn Cottage - cosy beamed cottage (sleeps up to 4)
- Open plan kitchen/sitting room/ diner - the old granary grindstone is still in the kitchen floor! Woodburner in sitting room area.
- 2 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin (with room for z bed)
- Modern bathroom
- Fully-fenced garden
Rose Cottage - sunny south-facing cottage (sleeps up to 4).
- Living room with wood burner
- Large kitchen with dining table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge-freezer and its own washing machine.
- 2 Bedrooms: one double, one twin, both with en-suite
- Decking area with valley views and picnic bench and BBQ..
- Lawned garden
Mill Cottage - former granary with valley views. ‘Upside down’ style accommodation. (sleeps up to 6)
- Open plan sitting room/kitchen/diner with wood burner. Kitchen has electric double oven, large fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and its own washing machine.
- 3 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk (2ft 6 inches)
- Bathroom with corner bath and shower over, & WC..
- Situated next to the brook. Pationwith potted flower and herbs.
Crownwheel Cottage - A riverside converted barn with some ground floor sleeping accommodation. (sleeps up to 8)
- Open plan kitchen/dining / sitting room. Sitting area with wood burner
- 2 downstairs bedrooms: 1 double, 1 bunk room
- Downstairs bathroom with bath and shower over & WC.
- Separate WC.
- Upstairs twin bedroom
- Upstairs bathroom with bath, shower over & WC.
- Riverside fenced patio with BBQ. Lawned garden and riverside walks through woods.