A fabulous old property deep in the Blackdown Hills and just 7 miles from the Jurassic coast. Sleeping 16 in 6 bedrooms, this lovely old farmhouse boasts spacious, beautifully furnished accommodation along with a large and superbly equipped games room, 2 six seater hot tubs and a sauna.
This is the perfect property for intergenerational hen parties as there really is something for everyone. Why not host a ‘Tournament Night’? The games room boasts a full size snooker table, pool table, table tennis table, skittle alley and large 50" television. For non participants there is also a generous lounge area and bar. Teenies coming along too? They will love the outside play area with sunken trampoline, climbing frame swings, slides and a sandpit.
If the objective is to chill out and relax in the hot tubs and sauna, then why not arrange for a mobile therapist to provide some indulgent treatments?
If you fancy something more active, watersports opportunities abound on the beautiful Jurassic Coast - or for something a little different, why not try your hand at deep sea fishing? Landlubbers can go fossil hunting at Charmouth or tramp along the magnificent South West Coast Path. There are plenty of picturesque fishing villages and attractive coastal towns to explore; Seaton (7.3 miles), Beer (7.8 miles), Sidmouth (12.6 miles), Branscombe (7.7 miles), and Lyme Regis (12 miles). Tree top adventures are available at Haldon Forest Park or you could hire an electric bike and explore the Marshwood Vale. Head to the races at Taunton or Exeter or dine at River Cottage HQ!
The house itself dates from the C16th and has plenty of traditional charm. The sitting room and dining room with their large fireplaces and dark wooden beams are great spaces for entertaining or simply relaxing at the end of a busy day. A fully equipped and flagstoned kitchen looks over the courtyard to garden terraces. Upstairs all the 6 bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms/shower rooms. Antique French beds in each of the double bedrooms bring a touch of continental elegance.
* Sitting Room with wood burning stove
* Dining Room with wood burning stove
* Well equipped Kitchen with electric range with a gas hob, a microwave oven, a large fridge freezer, 2 dishwashers
* Small breakfast room adjacent to kitchen
* Laundry/utility room with washing machine and tumble drier.
* Superbly equipped games room with lounge area and Bar
* Downstairs shower and WC
* 6 bedrooms: 2 doubles (both with Antique French beds and ensuite bathrooms, 2 twins (1 with ensuite bath room, the other with en suite shower) and two family rooms (1 with ensuite bathroom, the other with ensuite shower room and an adjacent bathroom)
* Family bathroom
* Jacuzzi / BBQ area
* 2x 6 seater hot tubs
* Play area
* Courtyard, garden and one acre of grounds