Farmhouse: Sleeps 12, Barn: Sleeps 6. For exclusive use, book both properties to sleep 18.
These two elegant courtyard properties are in a stunning rural location just 4 miles from the Cornish coast. Tregoose Farmhouse and Barn are beautifully presented and full of contemporary ‘country chic’. The Farmhouse boasts a single lane indoor swimming pool and both properties benefit from sunny conservatories, fabulous countryside views and large family-friendly gardens.
The Farmhouse sleeps up to 12 in 6 bedrooms. Stylish yet homely, this lovely property has a gorgeous lounge / TV room with a high vaulted ceiling, oak beams and wood burning stove – a great space for gathering together after a busy day. As with the Barn, bedrooms are dressed in quality linens. Peppered with antiques and street market finds, this is a quality home, full of character.
The Barn is a delightful 3 bedroom property, full of country charm. Perfect for members of the group that prefer a little privacy, the property sleeps 6 in 3 large, ensuite bedrooms, each with lovely countryside views. The open-plan lounge/dining is a lovely contemporary living space.
Tregoose means “town by the wood” in old Cornish and indeed the surrounding countryside is a patchwork of woods, streams and rolling green fields. Here and there, dotted around the landscape are the tall stacks of old tin mines, grey towers of stone thrusting upwards against the sky. For this is mining country, once the beating heart of the Victorian Tin Industry. To discover more about this fascinating aspect of our island’s history visit the nearby Poldark Mine in the River Cober valley.
2 ½ miles to the south lies Helston, a vibrant market town famous for its annual Furry Dance (Flora Day) in May. This ancient festival celebrates the arrival of spring and the town is bedecked with greenery from the surrounding countryside, including Tregoose's ancient Trevarno Estate. Thousands flock to see the dancers driving out the memory of winter.
The properties are in an ideal location for exploring the spectacular Cornish Coast. 4 miles to the south west of Tregoose is the pretty harbour town of Porthleven with its 3 mile long beach, harbour, quality restaurants and local shops. Both the wonderful scenery of the Lizard Peninsula and the sweep of Mounts Bay are within a short drive. There are some fabulous beaches to explore. Try Gunwalloe, Kynance, Poldhu & Mullion coves, Perranuthnoe, Praa and Gwithian Sands. Don’t miss a visit to the romantic tidal island, St Michaels Mount.
Watersports opportunities of course abound, try diving courses on the Lizard, kayaking trips around the coast, canoeing on Stithians Lake, paddle boarding in Porthleven or wakeboarding at Kernow Adventure Park.
Kids will love the nearby Flambards Theme Park and the Seal Sanctuary at Gweek. In the interests of teamwork, why not get the family to accept the challenge of the Eureka Escape game in Penzance? A visit to the open-air Minack Theatre, a stone amphitheatre carved into the coastal rock overlooking the brooding Atlantic Ocean is simply a must.
Cornwall has become rather a foodie hotspot (think Rick Stein, Jamie Oliver, Nathan Outlaw and Paul Ainsworth), but there are also plenty of great beachside cafes, country pubs and cream teas. There really is something for everyone.
Farmhouse Ground floor
• Impressive lounge / TV room with high vaulted ceiling, oak beams and wood burning stove. Free View TV. French doors lead to the patio.
• Spacious, sunny conservatory with French doors that open onto the patio.
• Snug / study - large windows let light flood in and a wood burning stove ensures that this is a cosy retreat.
• Spacious country kitchen with, dishwasher, washing machine and plenty of space for cooking.
• Large, elegant dining room with seating for 12. Perfect for that celebratory meal, the room boasts chandaliers and a cosy wood burning stove.
• King bedroom
• Twin bedroom
• Single lane indoor swimming pool
• Bathroom / wet room
Farmhouse First floor
• Blue Bedroom – King size bed and large ensuite shower room with rainfall shower
• King bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Yellow bedroom - Twin beds
• Family bathroom
• Open-plan lounge/dining area with comfy sofas and oak dining table. French doors open onto the patio.
• Spacious kitchen with farmhouse table and chairs.
• Cosy conservatory - a quiet space for relaxing.
• Superking room with ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and bath.
• King bedroom with ensuite shower room.
• Twin bedroom with ensuite shower room.